Outlet Collection at Niagara is committed to corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability, and has a number of design features throughout the property to raise awareness of our green initiatives.
- The open-air concept of the Outlet Collection at Niagara reduces energy consumption as the common areas do not need be heated or cooled.
- To reduce the heat island effect, the Project has used TPO roofs (white roofs) for flat roof areas providing an SRI (Solar Reflectance Index) of 29.
- For water conservation, low flow plumbing fixtures have been used in the Public Washrooms.
- 100 bicycle parking spaces are being provided to promote biking to Outlet Collection at Niagara.
- Some of the Public Buildings like Guest Services and The Eatery have been designed so that they can be opened to the outdoors in favourable weather, thus saving energy and connecting people to outdoors
- Despite being an outdoor mall, the Outlet is designated as a ‘No Smoking’ Facility.
- Low E glazing has been used on all storefronts to create a better Building Envelope.
- The entire centre is linked to maintain pedestrian connectivity throughout. There are walkways with trees beside, throughout the site connecting the centre from all surrounding streets.
- Outlet Collection at Niagara will be connected to Public Transit providing a Bus Shelter for Public as well as Private buses.
- All parking, lighting and wall mounted lights in the Outlet are LED in lieu of HID thus providing energy savings. Further, these lights are "Dark Sky’ compliant eliminating any light pollution in the night. All exterior lighting is on multiple levels of lighting controls.
- Interior spaces have LED exit signs, all back of house rooms and corridors have Occupancy sensors and LED and T5 fluorescent fixtures with energy efficient electronic ballasts. All Retailer spaces have been provided with energy efficient transformers